POKER TV

Bookmark and Share
Play Online Poker
Jogar Póquer Online

Play Online Poker

How to Play Poker - What I Learned From Poker Stars

So, where did my poker tournament strategy begin? With the poker stars, of course. Only natural I suppose, since if I was looking to play poker like the pros, one would find books on poker, or poker books online and poker sites. Amazingly, there is a ton of information out there and plenty of books by the pros.

The rules of poker can be overwhelming at first, especially for a novice. The poker chips, poker rules, betting and pace surely got me confused when I first started, but like anything, the more you do it, the easier it becomes. Texas hold em poker rules don't easily lend themselves to a strategy, at first, so reading up on how the pros look at it really started to give me an angle.

My confusion came back as I looked into different poker stars and read more and more. After a while I realized that there were too many differing strategies out there. It seems like they would all work for one reason or another. So how was I to craft MY own strategy? Take bits and pieces from each and use what worked for me? I didn't know what to do, and a confused mind does nothing.

I guess the only consistent thing I was noticing was that there were distinctly different strategies out there that worked for different poker stars. Now what? The best one can hope for is to take bits and pieces from all of them to finally make your own. How long would that take? What kind of guarantee is there? None, as you'd imagine.

Still though, there was a secret that I found, but not before the realization that what I really have learned from the poker stars is that they each created their own distinct winning poker tournament strategy. I also realized that all that reading still hadn't fully helped me to define my strategy.

So, what did I ultimately do to become a contender? I used the secret. I promise I will detail it next time because the important thing I want to stress about what I did find out about studying the pros is that they are each different with different skills and views and therefore different strategies. Remember that because it's pivotal!

0 comments

Site Meter